Treatments for Under Eye Bags with Dr. Mendieta
Bags under the eyes can be signs of aging eyes because the skin under the eyes becomes lax and collapses or wrinkles. The condition can also stem from a high-salt diet, genetics or an infection. You should seek prompt treatment if the bags are due to an infection or allergic reaction. Cosmetic surgeons can address saggy skin under the eyes resulting from genetics or aging, but it isn’t a medical emergency.
Below are some of the most popular and effective treatments for under eye bags.
Eye surgeons recommend a non-surgical eye anti-aging treatment first because they’re non-invasive and carry less risk. Popular bags under eyes treatments include fillers, laser resurfacing and chemical peels. Fillers are the go-to treatment used for decades to tighten under eye skin. Eye surgeons can use two types of fillers; dermal fillers and fat transfer. Dermal fillers are made in the lab. Juvederm under eye fillers are the most popular dermal fillers. You can also use Restylane under eye filler, which lasts 6 to 18 months.
Fat transfer is another common under eye bags treatment. The procedure involves extracting fat from other parts of the body and transferring it to the skin under your eyes. The fat is extracted using liposuction, cleansed and injected into the loose skin to eliminate wrinkles and bags. Fat transfer for under eye bags is highly recommended as it uses natural fat from your body. The results also last longer. Laser resurfacing and chemical peeling are mostly suited to wrinkles. Your surgeon will determine if you’re the right candidate for these options.
Surgeons can sometimes recommend surgery to help fix sudden saggy skin under eyes. Lower eyelid surgery (aka: lower blepharoplasty) involves removing or repositioning the fat beneath the eyelid. The procedure can help tighten loose skin under eyes and eliminate bags. Surgery is rarely needed for age-related bags because they can result in scarring. However, the results can last a lifetime, like fat transfer. Lower blepharoplasty is an outpatient procedure done by eye surgeons. The treatment is mostly recommended for droopy eyes.
Surgeons use two approaches when performing lower blepharoplasty. The first approach involves an incision below the lash line and elevating the skin and muscle to reveal and remove the fat pockets. The second approach involves removing the fat from inside the lower eyelid. People tend to prefer the second option because it leaves no external scar. However, surgeons will try tightening skin under eyes without surgery whenever possible. With treatments like fat transfer, there’s no need for surgery because the results can last a lifetime.
Average Cost of Under Eye Bags Treatment
Cost is one of the factors to consider when researching how to make under eyes look younger. The cost of under eye bags treatment varies based on age, severity, skin elasticity and other factors. But more importantly, you will need to select a trustworthy surgeon or a qualified under eye treatment spa.
Finding an experienced and board certified fat transfer plastic surgeon in Miami should be easy. Miami is the home of many plastic surgeons, and med spa under eye treatments are popular in the area. However, you should choose a reputable cosmetic surgeon or med spa in Miami with a profile of successful procedures
Below is an overview of the average cost of under eye fillers, fat transfer and surgery, as well as additional important information about bags treatment and recovery:
- What’s the best treatment to tighten skin under eyes? Fat transfer is the best treatment for tightening skin under eyes, but each client is different. Therefore, treatment is personalized.
- How much does fat transfer under eyes cost? The cost of fat transfer under eyes varies from spa to spa but averages $3,000 to $7,000. You can get an estimate after your first appointment. There are also some great options available for financing cosmetic procedures.
- What is the recovery time for under eye fat transfer? Under eye fat transfer recovery time varies from patient to patient. The average recovery time is two to three weeks after the procedure.
- How much do under eye fillers cost? Under eye dermal fillers like Juvederm and Restylane cost $300 to $1,500 per injection. The cost of treatment will depend on the work done and the volume of filler used.
- What is the recovery time for under eyes fillers? There’s no recovery time for under the eyes fillers. You can resume normal activity shortly after the treatment. All you need is normal aftercare.
- What tightens skin under eyes? Many things tighten skin under eyes. The fat and muscle under the skin are the primary elements, but skin collagen also plays a crucial role.
Learn More about Treatments for Under Eye Bags
Under the eye bags is a cosmetic concern you can resolve with fat transfer, dermal fillers or surgery. Your cosmetic surgeon can help you weigh the options and determine the best treatment. Since each person is different, no single approach suits everyone. Surgeons use this mantra to personalize treatment based on your needs, age, skin properties, and more.
Dr. Mendieta and his team at 4Beauty Aesthetic Institute for Plastic Surgery are standing by and ready to answer all of your questions about treatments for under eye bags and our long list of other cosmetic procedures. Call to schedule a consultation today at 305-860-0717. You may also contact us online.