Breast Augmentation with Dr. Mendieta
The plastic surgery industry continues to grow and expand as different procedures are made possible and further perfected. Despite the growing popularity of different procedures, breast augmentation has remained one of the top five most performed surgeries in the past decade.
So, if you would like better boobs, keep reading to find out what procedure might be right for you.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is an enhancement procedure that focuses on adding volume and shape to the breasts through implants.
Breast augmentation can:
- Add volume to naturally small or deflated breasts
- Alter and readjust the shape and position of asymmetrical breasts
- Boost self-esteem and confidence
What Kinds of Breast Augmentation Procedures Are There?
1. Breast Augmentation With Implants
Breast augmentation with implants is an individualized outpatient procedure. An incision is made and an implant inserted into the breast.
There are two important factors that help to achieve a patient’s personal preferences and goals: incision location and implant placement.
- Inframammary: along the crease under the breast
- Periareolar: around the edges of the areolas
- Transaxillary: within the armpit
- Transumbilical Breast Augmentation (TUBA): within the navel
- Submuscular: Implants are placed under the pectoral muscles, thus concealing the edge of the implants. This is the best option for patients with minimal breast tissue
- Subglandular: Implants are placed above the muscle and under the glandular tissue. This option requires a shorter recovery period and caters to patients with moderate breast tissue.
Breast augmentation with implants is the more traditional procedure for an augmentation. However, if you would like a breast augmentation without implants, the next option might be more suited to your needs.
2. Breast Fat Transfer
Breast fat transfer allows you to use your own body fat to increase the volume and alter the shape of your breasts. This procedure utilizes liposuction to remove excess fat from one part of the body and inject it into the breasts.
Using your own fat for breast augmentation serves the dual purpose of reducing excess fat stores in other parts of your body. This method is ideal for patients who would like a fairly moderate increase in breast size and want the most natural-looking breast augmentation.
3. Breast Lift
Rather than adding volume to the breasts, the primary focus of a breast lift is to create the appearance of a perkier, more youthful breast shape.
This method repositions existing tissue and removes sagging or otherwise, unappealing skin to sculpt the breast in the patient’s ideal shape.
In order to achieve the desired results, there are three techniques for a breast lift:
- Periareolar Technique: This technique is best for patients with minimal breast sagging. Two circumferential incisions are made around the areolas. Through these incisions, excess skin is removed and the size of the areola can be reduced.
- Lollipop Technique: This technique is better suited for patients that have moderate breast sagging. One incision is made around the areolas, and another runs vertically down the breast to the inframammary fold. Then, the breast tissue is repositioned, excess skin removed and the areolas reduced according to the needs of the patient.
- Anchor Technique: This is the most extensive of the three procedure options but is ideal for patients that live with severe breast sagging. One incision is made around the areolas and another vertically down the breast towards the inframammary fold. One last incision is made horizontally along the breast crease. This allows for more excess skin removal.
Which Breast Augmentation Is Best?
The goals of each patient are different.
Which breast augmentation option is best for you will depend on several factors:
- The level of size increase one wishes to achieve
- Are you changing the shape, adding volume, or both?
- How invasive of a procedure are you willing to undergo?
- Are there special medical needs that you have to consider?
It is important to do your research when considering a breast augmentation procedure. Ultimately, communicating your needs and goals with your surgeon is the best way to come to the decision that is best for you.
Request a Consultation for Breast Augmentation with Dr. Mendieta
If you would like to learn more about your breast augmentation options in Miami, Florida, please contact Dr. Mendieta at his office by calling 305-860-0717 or filling out this contact form. We look forward to working with you!